02 May 2010

Last weekend in London

So this past week/weekend, we've mostly been studying for finals (yuck), but we squeezed in a few fun activities. Thursday night, Alex, Hailey, and I went out to Builder's Arms for a few drinks. I'm going to miss the pubs when I go home! They're so casual and they're such a good place to just hang out. Anyway, that was a fun start to the weekend. Friday was another heavy study day, until that night, when we made the music video (in the post below). Definitely a good study break.

Saturday, Katy and I woke up and went to Shakespeare's Globe Theatre for a tour, which was really cool! I wanted to see a play there but I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to understand the accents! We wandered around the South Bank and found Borough Market, which is a huge food market. It was PACKED! I would have enjoyed shopping for fruits and veggies if I lived here, though. I liked the vibe there. Anyway, we wandered back to the Millennium Bridge and ate lunch at a pub near there before crossing the Thames and finding Leadenhall Market, where the Diagon Alley scenes were filmed in Harry Potter! It was awesome. That night we ate dinner at Da Mario, the Italian restaurant on the corner of our street, and then Katy and I met Alex at Builder's Arms for a drink. All in all, a good last weekend.






Next weekend I'll be in Scotland so I'm pretty excited!! Wish me luck on my finals this week and I'll be home soon!

:)

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment